View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 11:32 AM
Hawker14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I always hear about the Phoenix Coyotes troubles partially as a result of situating the Jobing.co arena in Glendale as oppposed to Scottsdale, which kind of reminds me of when the Carolina Hurricanes moved to Greensboro, which was the 'bad' temporary spot compared to Raleigh where they eventually settled into their 'proper home'. Could someone explain to me the differences between the two cities (suburbs?) and what might account for why Glendale is seen as the less suitable location?
As has been said, due to being a far more affluent area, it is assumed an arena in Scottsdale would better compete with the US Airways Center for concerts than the Jobing.Com arena.

Also, there should be an expected increase in ticket-paying customers for the Coyotes. Some will say that this would be enough to stablize the franchise, while others like myself) would say any increase would be inconsequential and that the franchise would still be floundering.

In any event, it's all a moot point because no owner was willing to spend his/her own money building an arena in Scottsdale.

Hawker14 is offline   Reply With Quote