View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 11:56 AM
mk80

vCash: 500
You will definately see a good product on the ice. I would say maybe just a small difference between the ECHL and CHL. Although if you go through the rosters, there are a lot of former CHL guys on ECHL rosters, and vice versa.

It may not be the NHL, but having been to NHL, AHL, ECHL, CHL, and even a WHA2 game. I would place the CHL games I have been to as some of the most entertaining.

The real issue is with the recent contraction of the league. The majority of the league were Texas based teams, however they either went under, or joined the NAHL junior A level. A few teams have left for the ECHL (Fort Wayne, Evansville, Colorado), and some have been bumped out by competition. Ohklahoma City due to the AHL, and Austin (which is still a franchise, just not active) due to the AHL. And yes there are some rumors and struggling franchises, Quad City being owned by the league, and Rapid City is always rumored to go to the ECHL. There is the speculation of absorption into the ECHL too.

Regardless the CHL is still worth supporting. It is fun and exciting hockey to watch at a less expensive price. I know ticket prices vary, but the games I went to see the Missouri Mavericks I paid $35 a seat to sit about 9 rows up from the ice.

mk80 is offline   Reply With Quote