View Single Post
02-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Yummy and Delicious
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
First off, we sometimes have a tendency on this board of tearing out our hair and running around in circles worrying about what might happen. Jeffrey acquitted himself well last game, and I don't think he'll be scratched.

If he is, I guess the coaching staff likes Boychuk and really wants to see what he can do, since it's acknowledged by many observers that it could be a very limited trial run that ends when Niskanen comes back. It's not like they would be moving Jeffrey off the line to put ET or TK back there.

Maybe because Boychuk could be back on waivers as soon as Niskanen returns, and they want to give him every opportunity in that short window to succeed. If Jeffrey has sustainable chemistry with Malkin, it's not going to go away after a few games away from him.
I've been vehemently against moving Kunitz from Sid's line, but would it really be so bad to give the secirst line someone who could finish? Sid needs someone with offensive talent, and he's been wanting to pass more than shoot, seems like he needs an offensive guy more than Geno's line needs 2. I *guess* i'd rather experience with Kunitz on fircond line and Boychuk on Sid's line, at least until ZB proves he can't play.

and DJ was benched. I just don't understand the coaching decisions here. Tangradi plays his best game: scratched. DJ looks like a competent player: scratched. Oohhhhhhhhhh kayyyyyyyyyyy.