View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 12:21 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Report Spam @JWK Plz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
Latin America, Africa and the bulk of Asia don't have much disposable income. I know soccer fans labor under the delusion that every single country except the US is devoted to the beautiful game, but that isn't the case. It's not the most popular game in Australia, Japan, China, India, New Zealand.Maybe if our media congomerates psuhed football onto the rest of the world like they are us it would make traction with whatever self loathing hipsters exist beyond our borders. The complexity of the game does make it hard to pick up. But it's like how I feel about being Jewish, I know the guy knocking on the door passing out pamphlets isn't one of mine.

Make no mistake the LAST thing soccer fans in the rest of the world wants is a US that gives half a crap about soccer. our population and resources we would dominate the sport. Forget any stars playing anywhere but this side of the pond, none of this over the hill Beckham playing in a 4th rate league.
Yes, beacuse the game is so broad many great players come from those countries but the money and best football played in are the countries I named.

Congrats, you named 5 countries. I could name you 50 countries that couldn't give a dame about throwball. Hell Football is still popular in Japan and Australia.

Oh how arrogant/ignorant of you Hasbro. Players get bought for upto 130 million and make upto 25 million, you think America can really match that or even dominate it? puh lees.