View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 12:31 PM
LeafDangler

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Point missed, I did say from the games I saw both of them play in and they were big showcase games.

Also there's a poster here that lives in Halifax that has seen them both play a lot more than probably any of us, and he has posted many times Drouin has been better.
You said "We keep expecting Mac to be better than Drouin but it hasn't happened yet this year".

I've had season tickets in Halifax for the past two seasons. I know exactly what I'm talking about. I watched the Top Prospects game from the 7th row where MacKinnon was the best player on a poor Cherry team. I see your best bud Craig Button from time to time in the Metro Center because he certainly does not scout from Southern Ontario. I know he was in Chicoutimi and Baie Comeau Thursday and Friday because he understands the meaning of sample size outside of televised "showcase" games. I know that he has MacKinnon ranked ahead of Drouin as well.

I'm not sure who I'd take. I've stated this several times. I'm a fan of both players. What I don't do is act like I'm an authority on guys I've only seen a couple times on television. If I'm going to passionately argue about a prospect it's going to be about a player I've seen many times and in person. This board would be a better place if more people adhered to that. Opinions are great but so is humility.

Last edited by LeafDangler: 02-02-2013 at 12:50 PM.