Thread: Value of: Paul Stastny
View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 12:33 PM
Crisp Breakout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
So, given that you cannot get Phaneuf. Nobody is going to trade you a younger top 2 defenceman for a package centered around Stastny (who at this point is not a top line player) with 1 1/2 years left at $6.6m. That potentially leaves Bouwmeester.

Are you prepared to trade Stastny for a 29-year old defenceman with the exact same contract? Or would you prefer something different?

What don't you like about Bouwmeester? (age?, calibre?, contract length?, position?, money owed?, style of play?), and what are you prepared to sacrifice on the return in order to improve whichever aspects you don't like?
Just stop. You pull stuff out of your rear and present it as fact, and it's annoying. You cannot say definitively that Stastny is not a first-line player at this point.

Take last year for example. It was the worst year of his career, bar none. It was considerably worse than any year except for the previous one. Still, he was good for 25th in center scoring league wide. That was two off the team lead. A team that is playing a less than ideal style for Stastny and does not have a single defenseman that has anything resembling puck poise. I'm happy to keep him, and in fact disagree with my fellow Avalanche fans about him being on his way out. I think he's a core part of this team moving forward.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote