View Single Post
02-02-2013, 12:50 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post

Read has shown IMO to be more than a trading chip. There's no reason besides age that Voracek should be given priority over him. He's shown me more than jake.
Indeed, he's been one of the few forwards that is constantly dangerous. Sure, he's had games where he didn't produce or get into a lot of scoring chances, but those have often been games where neither has anyone else. As far as Voracek is concerned, other than the playoff games and a couple here and there I haven't been able to watch Flyers games last season, so I can't say how much better he played. I remember him being quite good and certainly better than this, but I don't think he's playing that bad right now. He just doesn't have anyone to give him support, and I think that's the biggest difference right now. But again, he's not a dominant player by himself, and you could see this season from his play in the KHL, as well. So I don't think this is just a funk he's in. Sure, he's going to pick up his play most probably, but I wouldn't expect much more than what we're getting right now.

I definitely wouldn't trade Read, but probably would Timonen, the only reason being he's at the end of his career, so if he brings in good assets, I'd be OK with it. But he's been one of the best players on the team throughout these first games, so as much as I thought he was overpaid in the past, I'd be a bit sad to see him go.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote