View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 12:58 PM
Whileee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
I'm guessing he took 6 faceoffs, not 3. He won most quite clean, straight back to his D. These weren't against scrubs either. The ones he lost weren't clean. He's clearly worked at his faceoffs.

He was responsible for 2 icings and at least one giveaway, but I thought he had a pretty damn good game. Had a couple decent scoring chances but couldn't convert.

His defensive game is very very good. If you watch him during a back check he keeps looking around seeing who to take. Most of our forwards (Jokinen for example) just put their head down and skate back as hard as they can. He's very good at picking up the third forward on a 2 on 2 situation. He will put the brakes on and swing over to cover them as they cross the blue line.

One serious issue I saw was he skates to close to our puck carrier in the neutral zone. Sometimes it's so close that a pass isn't available because the other team player would be right on Scheifele the second he gets the puck. He also seemed to slow down the puck carrier at times. He needs to move to open ice a little further away from the puck carrier in order to receive a clean pass.

edit : I have to add the kid is a treat to watch without the puck, offensively or defensively. Usually he's very good at puck support and angling opposing puck carriers. He just needs to work on his finish, and he could be elite one day.
I think he still needs work on defensive awareness. He floated back with a forward and left him open in the slot for an easy goal on one shift. It was his man all the way, and he let him free in our slot.

Whileee is offline   Reply With Quote