Danes in the NHL and their exploits.
View Single Post
02-02-2013, 02:44 PM
Join Date: Apr 2012
Originally Posted by
Like your analyses' both of em and I both agree and disagree with you both
So im gonna try and take the tempreture as I see it as of now
So far, I personally would have liked the lockout too continue, the NHL seems not up in gear, with the lacking preseason an rushed games.
- Frans Nielsen, he is in form and doing great, by far the best dane in the NHL. Soild on PK and PP and just a real team player.
I think he will end his career with the Islanders and play out a few more years in the NHL.
- Jannik Hansen, he is doing what he is supposed and his numbers are ok - not as good as they could, but ok. But the whole team is kinda struggling.
Same story as with Frans Nielsen
- Mikke Boedker, now he is a ? mark for me, ive watched most of his games and he plays well with flashes of brilliance. But he doesn't shoot enough and his linemates are too slow for him. He is capable of more and hopefully will give it.
IMO Boedker is Bang or Bust. The next two seasons will tell which one it'l be! Boedker has HIGH potential, he shows flashes of brilliance and I do see him as a true star if he pans out. BUT, if he doesn't put up big numbers in the next two seasons, it's a trade of Europe for Boeds.
- Philip Larsen I actually think Larsen has played well, and so does many Stars fans.. Him being scratched is to me weird. Him only plying a few games is why I have him at average.
- Lars Eller, I have to agree with most of the Habs fans! When Eller is on ice, he looks lost and confused. His confidence is gone.
He used to have vision and some hockey sense, but looking at him lately absolutely does not bring one to think that now.
Eller has no future with the Habs, of that I am certain. Ellers potential is NHL worthy, but he needs to step it up and become trade attractive, or else it's Europe for Eller, im thinking SEL or KHL.
- Peter Regin, even though his TOI has been limited and to the lower lines, he is absolutely invisible. He does nothing and if not for the name and number on his jersey, you wouldn't know he was on the ice.
Done for, it's Europe for Regin! Sooner better than later...
So from what i can read you have
Frans Nielsen ++ (warm)
Jannik Hansen + (lukewarm)
Mikkel Bødker + (lukewarm)
Philip Larsen 0 (average)
Lars Eller - or -- (cold)
Peter Regin --- (stone cold?)
I will disagree with Regin being that bad. Playing forth line he has 15 shots on goal - so he does do something (just not getting points). He has +2 so his line is not awful. For Regin if he wants to continue in NHL grind on and dont get injured - if he keeps shooting he should hit the jackpot at some point.
Eller looking lost (again) is really a bad sign, because he looked fantastic in the early matches for JYP. He seems very sensitive to the coach's opinion of him. If he doesn't feel at home....he also mentally goes to the doghouse. I agree with you there....new club as fast a possible.
About Larsen - it's just that Dalles for some reason have a defensive starter-problem this season. Actually their defence roster looks pretty good and maybe thats why everyone are perplexed why it doesn't work. Newcomers will be benched not veterans, so hope Larsen can convince them otherwise.
Bødker is not a bang or bust IMO - he is so good defensively now that he can always play 3rd line winger.
What about a line of Grabner-Nielsen-Bødker (what team wouldn't like a 3rd line like that!)
We all love Frans and most in Vancouver loves Jannik - maybe being a referee becomes a game of looking over your shoulder now
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Justinov