View Single Post
02-02-2013, 02:01 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
One way I look at things: Imagine Hainsey (or his replacement) and Bogosian swapped cap hits and Antropov and Wheeler swapped caphits. Seems pretty fair for all parties right? In fact Antropov might even garner less than that, but Wheeler could garner more, so maybe that evens out. I'd also hope we could get Bogo to sign a contract similar to John Carlson's, but 4.5 is manageable for a caphit.

That leaves us with about 3 million (possibly closer to 5 seeing as Miettinen and Wellwood won't be needed and their replacements should cost less.) to give Burmistrov and Little a raise. It's a little tight, but it's doable.

I also think Pasquale comes up as backup next year and I'm hoping we can resign Ponikarovsky and Antropov.
The thing is for Hainsey and Antropov, we will need to pay their market rate to get them back which will be IMO higher then the numbers you have shown. I think someone will be willing to give Antro 3.5-4 million a season and Hainsey 4.5-5 million. Both are decent players who can play on the PK and PP. We will need to out bid for their services.

pegcity is offline   Reply With Quote