View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 02:12 PM
RxDangles19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampland View Post
REALLY? The guy has been on the ice for 90% of the goals against, and for most of them, he was badly out of place. He's not covering guys in the slot, he is giving up 2 on 1's because he is out of place, etc. If I want to see that crappy D, then bring Zidlicky back, but we are talking about the"100 million dollar" D-man, and he's playing no better than Prosser is defensively. To me that is unacceptable.

BUt then again, I played defense, and was a Defensive defense man, so I have very little respect for the Paul Coffey, Cam Fowler style defense ..."Yeah I scored a goal and 2 assists tonight ....who cares that I was also -4 "
I also do not think Suter has been playing exactly stellar. His performance has been pretty bad with being on the ice for so many of our goals and out of position.

However, I do think people are being too quick to judge. Take Tom Gilbert for example; last year when he was aquired in a trade he was down right atrocious. Now that he has been in our system for a while, he has figured out exactly what he needs to be doing and this year already has 2 goals and 4 assists.

While Suter's play has been poor, I for one think (and hope) that he will turn it around and be the defender we spent that large amount of money on.