View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 03:15 PM
Nsjohnson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampland View Post
True True

But I've watched ALOT more Dumba footage, than I ever did of Brodin (and for the record I wasn't really Anti-Brodin, I was more just pissed they didn't grab a scoring forward with the pick.)

Dumba - all I've seen from him is a guy who goes outof his way to make big hits, and often takes him self out of position to do so. His passing/ puck handling seems only average.

Everyone keeps talking about how Dumba is ready to just step into the NHL now and be a top 4 player. I just don't see it at all. I think 3 years from now Dumba will be lucky to be in the top 2 d-man pairings. But, if he can spend a few years in the AHL, maybe he will learn and improve.

But at this point from what I've seen of Dumba, I will make the following"bet"

If Dumba plays regular 1st or 2nd pairing minutes next season for the Wild, I will change my avatar for the following season to a "I love Burrows/Sedins/Subban" avatar.

Or better yet, to a "Dumba is my hero" avatar.

(for those of you who always need to shove then past in people's faces, feel free to bookmark this)
You'll win that bet. Dumba, while in 3 years I DO think will be playing a top four role easily, needs some serious refining and forging in the AHL. He needs to put another ten to fifteen lbs on his six foot body, and learn that what works in the dub will not work in the AHL, and what works in the AHL will not always work in the NHL. He might be playing for us in two seasons, but he won't be a top pairing for 3 years.