View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 03:21 PM
Riptide

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TML1967 View Post
I know people on here bash him allot, but Tim Connoly would be a good cheap fit.
1) He is a C as is ROR and can play a decent two way game.
2) He has already passed through waivers so when ROR is signed he can be put in the minors without any trouble.
3) The leafs are in a good position to eat some salary as he is costing the Leafs 900k less than his salary against the cap anyway.
4) His contract is up at the end of the year so no long term effects.

Toronto sends:
Tim Connoly, eat part of his salary, lets say 1 million so he has a cap his of 3.25 or 3

Colorado sends: a pick which is contingent on how many games he plays and/or points he scores.
I was honestly hoping that the Pens would grab him. He is a skilled player - but must be used in a top 6 role, not a top 9 that he was in Toronto.

However Toronto will not retain salary. They have no reason to. They're not a budget team so it means nothing to have a 4m salary in the minors. And besides... Connolly will make ~2.3m over a 48 game season. I don't think TO could care about 2.3m.

But Connolly isn't a two way player. He's not horrible defensively, but he's not good either. He's an offensive guy - that's it.

"Itís not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, itís as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."
Riptide is online now   Reply With Quote