View Single Post
Old
07-02-2006, 02:59 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by csstranger View Post
One of Nashville's weaknesses is in the center of the ice, which was something you could see even when David Legwand was injured.

The Predators have plenty of room for this type of deal. Arnott is better quality than what the Predators had and brings some size along with a better skillset.
Even when Legwand was injured? I think it was more especially when Legwand was injured. I think this signing is a good one because it fits our needs and makes us a better team next season. Assets depreciate in value over the course of their life...that's a given. Will Arnott be the same at 36 or 37 as he is now at 32? I don't think so, but if we can maximize his contributions to the team over the next couple of seasons and continue to build (or begin to build) our depth at center ice, I believe that Arnott's role can be minimized later in the deal to offset any loss of talent due to his age.

Still need a defenseman, but I loved Poile resigning Mason and like the signing of Arnott a lot too. So far Nashville has done a good job addressing our needs. Two needs filled, one more to go.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote