View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 02:49 PM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
If the tests come back today that Simmer has a concussion, we could be in real trouble. I would hope that Homer doesn't do what we all fear and over pay for a forward. This team is struggling mightily, we might need to sit back and see what we have as a team.

I agree Kimmo and Briere would fetch a nice return at the deadline, especially Kimmo. Now Talbot is a good character guy to keep around for the youth of this team, just like Hartnell. Simmer stays and so does the youth(Couts, Schenn, Schenn, and Read) The only youthful player I would make a deal(if it was the right one) is Voracek. I still like Voracek's potential though. He could be a 60 point 2nd liner in this league, so we might want to hold onto him.

Knuble will get you futures....... if you're lucky. Feds might be one of those character guys people are looking for at the deadline(has won 2 cups IIRC). He might be able to fetch you a 3rd rounder, and maybe if you're lucky a 2nd. Some teams value leadership and experience around the deadline.

Coburn is staying, Grossmannnnnn is staying, Luke is staying. Mayer Gervais could be swung for something, but again it would be minor. Foster is a waste lol. Mez, if we think we will not be able to resign him in the future, might be able to fetch a first from a desperate team at the deadline. He just has to prove he is healthy, which might be hard.

Summary:
Kimmo=largest return (1st rounder, top prospect, 3/4 rounder)
Briere=Good return (1st rounder, maybe top prospect)
Feds=okay return (3rd rounder, maybe a 2nd rounder for a desperate team)
Knuble=scrub
Mez=wildcard( could fetch something good if a team is desperate and he proves he is healthy)
Gervais=maybe(maybe a middle pick...)

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote