View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 02:53 PM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
+ Bort and Sutter for their first Penguin goals and having good all-around games.

+ Sid for being Sid. Ripped that shot on Marty; that's the Sid we remember. However that stuff at the end of the game was unnecessary and could result in him getting run by Volchenkov next game. He needs to be smarter than that. Let Boychuk handle it himself with 30 seconds left and up 5-1 and Boychuk being perfect OK / hopping back to his feet.

+ Boychuk brought some energy and nice hits / finished checks to his first start. Will take him a while to know where he's supposed to be etc but I'd say he earned another game on the Top 6. Let's see how many he can earn. In one game out there he already looked more aggressive than Tangradi, despite being a much smaller player.

++ Elmer had a great game. Aside from his skating and positioning which seems very good, I think the thing that impresses me the most for a rookie is his smarts. He seems to know exactly when to pass, dish, shoot, play one off the boards, and is very calm out there. I don't know what Ray's intentions are but if he keeps playing like this consistently his stock is going to quickly increase before the deadline. Sure as hell would not be looking for "guys who need a second chance / change of scenery" at that point. As it is, considering he did pretty well in the playoffs last year I'm thinking I'd be just as happy to keep him vs. trade him for a winger.

Especially if the Golden Boychuk scores 20 like I think he will.
1. Elmer needs a shot in Letang's place.
2. LOVED the physical play from him today . . . you could see him feeding off the battles with Clarkson.

Side note: When I talk about 'reading too much into this game', here's an example . . . when Letang hits the net, you know the hockey gods are on the Pens side for the game.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote