View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 04:03 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
RIP SvatosTheGreat

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
Given soccer fans' habit of making vainglorious pronouncements of the sport's appeal I doubt it. Point is whena country can afford to play a sport that requires more equipment than something round they find other things to do.

If we cared, yes. Hockey is a niche sport here, with an insular and provincial fanbase and still more popular than soccer and the majority of the world's best players are in the NHL and we are a power in the sport international. Track & Field outside of the Olympics yet our country dominates the sport. The hillbillies in America are enough to make the NFL the largest single league in the world. The US has the ability to field a league better than the EPL, et. al, just not one iota of the will it would take.

But fortunately for everyone else the game is a nonenity here. Thank the American fans who think pedantry about our game's and denegrating every other sport will somehow make the sport approachable.

I don't know why anyone brings up soccer in this country at all, it's not relevant here.
Yeah, that's clearly obvious from the countries I mentioned like England and Spain etc.

You obviously don't get it so, I spell it out for you. A team in England have spend 54 million euro this year and 76 million in 2011 and ****** 154 million in 2010. That's 73/103/210 million in your American dollars. A French team has spent 130 million euro just this year. Name anyone who can match or dominate that in America? Keep in mind this is not players salaries they're paying. This is them just buying players out of their contract without taking into account players salaries.

This is the average salaries among professional teams. Football teams are in 4 of the top 5 and 7 of the top 10.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/...madrid-010501/

This will be my last post in the asinine subject. As it nothing to do with the OP and your clearly don't know what your talking about. Stick to your talentless sport.