View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 03:05 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
I'm not sure Borts makes Nisky into trade bait, though. I think Despres is doing that.
Well it's academic as to which one... I'm simply saying, given the good play of those two guys continuing, it's easier to replace Niskanen than Engo, mostly on account of the physical abuse / fighting factor. You need at least one guy like that, especially in the playoffs. Someone who can just knock the crap out of someone with a nice hit or handle someone taking liberties. Nisky can't do either of those things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhindian View Post
Hopefully for Gagner or PRV! Or the ever-illustrious Hemsky
Not a big fan of Hemsky but you can't deny he'd be an upgrade over any winger Sid has had to date, just on account of his smarts / skill. And unlike a few years ago when people talked it, his price will not be lower than it is now (another reason I'd be OK with it). I think that's the most logical play if EDM is the team Shero targets and I think Niskanen+ would certainly be enough for them to consider it given how thin their D is. He'd slot into their Top 4 no problem, no offense to the mighty Giggle Drops.

I'd rather see a move made (and possibly a higher price paid) for someone like Clowe but SJ is on fire... they're not going to make a lot of moves this year if they keep it up, most likely.

Time to start the 2013 1st + Niskanen + Prospect for Perry chant.

OH and I almost forgot:

- Our PP still sucks.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote