Thread: Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread
View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 05:34 PM
Brodeur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevsFan30 View Post
Jon Merrill - E, 2 shots, 2 blocked shots in Michigan's 3-2 win vs. Michigan State
Recording today's game between Michigan/Michigan State and will watch in a bit (I need a chaser after today's Devils game).

As for Friday's game, I thought it was the best that Merrill looked in awhile. He seemed to have that extra gear in his legs. He made some nice subtle moves through the defensive/neutral zone to create better breakout opportunities. He trucked a Spartan forward in the corner during a PK which led to an easy clear. Definitely was nice to see Merrill take the body.

He was on the ice for the first goal allowed, but Merrill didn't really do anything wrong on the play. It was a bit curious, several times during the game they had Merrill (left handed) playing the right D while his partner Brennan Serville (right handed) was playing the left side. Deep in the zone, Serville had the puck and needed an extra stickhandle to get the puck on his forehand. He ended up getting his pocket picked and the MSU forward immediately fired a shot from a bad angle which beat the goalie (should have been an easy save, but Michigan's goaltending all season has been an issue).

I suppose Merrill didn't do anything all that impressive, but it was good to see him more engaged and confident.