View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 04:44 PM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
+ That was best the Pens have played for a long long time. They were on their game and flying to the puck. Great aggression all game long. Great effort.

edit: And by effort.. it was the desperation they played with. They cleared zones as if it actually meant something to them. They finished hits. I finally saw the heart beat on this team. Good desperation and great effort.

+ Fourth line: They opened up a lot of opportunity today. They had the puck in the offensive zone wearing down the Devils. This really kept the Pens flowing today. I don't know why the hell anyone would change Vitale, Adams, and Glass. They really work well together.

+ NO Line Juggling: Do you see how effective it was? Yeah.. exactly. The lines start working together and grew stronger as the game went on. ****ing leave it that way DB. It truly is that simple. By the end of the game, everyone was clicking on all cylinders.

+ Defense: Despres, Bort, and Martin lead the way today. That was a coming out party for Bort. He was physical all game long. I counted 3 hits in the 1st, but I don't know what was credited to him. He truly just came into his own. Plus that was a great moment when he scored. I was so happy for him and I think he deserves an NHL spot right now. It's a shame any minute Lovejoy gets over him.

Anyone questioning Despres? He's great out there. Physical, has a great pass, solid as hell. He utilizes the boards so well to protect his passes. It's just amazing to see our defense coming to fruition.

That was one of the few games the defense played so damn well we didn't really even need Fleury to do too much. Which is exactly what happened. Great game all around by the defense.

- Only minus I really have is the turnovers off the stretch pass. We've talked about it 10 million times. We don't need to get into it again. It's just awful.
Have you started a new category called 'assumed cluster****' for the PP, because I'm not sure how you could call that stretch pass the ONLY minus otherwise?

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote