View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 06:47 PM
One Less Louise
Dale Weise it !

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Last year he started with Cammalleri and Gionta as his wingers and finished with White and Staubitz as his wingers. That would slow down a lot of players, and I think it happens a lot.
Two things.

#1 Cammy and Gionta were dog **** at the start of the season last year. They weren't doing much to help him but Plekanec was still looking really good.

#2 The year we acquired Gomez, Gio and Cammy, the first line was those 3 UFAs and Plekanec was lights out with AK and whoever was the flavor of the week until he finally ended up with Cammy. He was pretty awesome but then slowed down later that year.

I am not basing my comments on the play of those around him but on his play as an individual given the tools he's given and I'm drawing the conclusion that Plekanec has not paced himself properly. Maybe he felt he had to give 150% at the start for the habs to stand a chance to make the playoffs. That's legitimate and not really Plekanec's fault. I'm just hoping he realizes he has to pace himself a little better.

One Less Louise is offline   Reply With Quote