View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 05:56 PM
Roman Yoshi
Joey: A New Hope

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
A team lacking depth due to injuries that has tons of cap space (I'm looking at you Colorado) would be willing to give a pick or something. Downie is out, Landeskog is out, and ROR is holding out. They need someone on the PK to replace ROR anyways
An interesting choice as an example, but let my propose a counter argument. Colorado doesn't have any big fish coming off the books next year, but need to make a very big trade/ signing on the blueline and needs to add size and skill to their forward group.

They have 47.9 (give or take) locked up next year not including ROR. Assuming they chase after a big fish on the blueline (which in my mind they will) and a couple of the UFA forwards, and assuming they aren't a cap team, Guastad's contract limits their flexibility to make the more important moves.

Another problem with the Avs is they have a ton of overpaid depth players already. I get what you are saying, I am sure someone will try to trade a pick for Gaustad. No doubt. I personally wouldn't.

I like the idea of the preds trading for MPS though. Could be a cheap addition and could have massive potential or massive disappointment. Kid needs a change of scenery with low expectations and the ability to get top six/powerplay minutes. Like here.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote