View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 06:22 PM
Joe Sakic
#1 ROR Fan

vCash: 500
Hey guys just got back from the game.

A few thoughts:

Atmosphere from the fabs was pretty good, not great. But pretty good.

Varlamov played awesome, he made a few big saves and once again gave us a chance to win the game which is great!

Duchene was FLYING today...and was in my opinion the best player on the ice (on both teams). Glad to see him pick up some points! He's earned em.

The O'Byrne - Zanon pairing should only be used on the PK. Those two together on the PK is great because they're both willing to sacrifice the body to block shots but I thought they were our weakest defensive pairing 5 on 5 today.

Great to see McGinn score...maybe this'll get him going? Also good to see Stastny score again (even it was an EN).

Johnson was once again our best defensive player. He is so big and rough in our own zone that he breaks almost everything along the boards (which is something I think our other defensive players lack at times) and while he didn't get any points today I thought his offensive play was pretty good too. He had a couple of HUGE bombs in the 1st periods. I'd like to see him use that booming shot of his a lot more.

I may take some heat for this but I don't think Sgarbossa is quite ready for the NHL yet. He made some good plays today, but he also made a few bad ones...I think a full season in the AHL would help him more than playing 3rd line minutes up here.

OVERALL a GREAT game though!

Lets keep em going!

Joe Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote