View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 07:41 PM
blueandgoldguy

vCash: 500
As pegcity stated, the Jets have 34 million locked up in current players. Here's a potential lineup for next season and player salaries:

Forwards

Kane - $5.25 million Jokinen - $4.5 million Wheeler - est. $4.5 million
Ladd - $4.4 million Scheifele - $1.5 million Little - est. $3.75 million
free agent - $2 million Antropov - $2.25 million Burmistrov - est. $2.5 million
Machacek - $575,000 Slater $1.6 million Wright - $650,000

Thorburn - $866,000
Cormier - $850,000

Defense

Byfulgien - $5.2 million Enstrom - $5.75 million
Bogosian - $4.75 million free agent(possibly Hainsey) - $2.75 million
Stuart - $1.7 million Postma - $750,000

Redmond or Kulda - $750,000

Goalies

Pavelec - $3.9 million
Pasquale $750,000 or free agent goalie $1 million

This should put the Jets at approx. $59 million leaving $5 million to spare. I'm assuming Sheifele makes the team next year as well as Machacek improving his game to the satisfaction of Jets management to earn a shot.

We will have to leave room for the inevitable injuries this team will suffer so I hope we get to see callups of the likes of Klinberg and Telegin. Maybe Kulda as well assuming they can resign him.

Based on other contracts out there, I think Little at $3.75 (maybe $4 million max) over a 3 - 4 yr. deal is about right. Wheeler probably signs for a minimum of $4.5 million so I might have been a little optimistic in my projections. If he has a great season, say 45 points, he could command $5.5 million. Either way I hope the JEts sign him to a 5 yr. contract. Antro and Poni, as third line players will not command much more than $2 million per season each. With the salary cap crunch coming this offseason for many teams there simply isn't enough space to accomodate $3 million salaries on the third line. Burmi, in my eyes, is going to be a 2nd/3rd line tweener. I can see a 2 yr. bridge contract for approx. 2.5 million (maybe $2.75 million) per season. However, is he continues to struggle offensively as he has done so far this season, a contract in the range of $2 - $2.2 million might be in the offing. Rumours of Europe calling might boost his contract value though.

On defense, I used the Brayden Coburn contract as a comparable for Bogosian. Solid #3 defenseman who just received a contract that pays $4.4 million per season. I think Bogo has more offensive upside and will command slightly more. Assuming he comes back from injury and plays like he did last year I think $4.75 million per season is a fair number. Please let it be for 5 or 6 years though! If we can't resign Hainsey for the $2.75 million I allocated there, I hope we can get someone like a Robin Regehr. Would be a solid #4 D-man who could free Bogo up to take more chances offensively. Anyone see how he has played lately?

I think some posters are underestimating how much it will take to sign a #4 defenseman whether that be Hainsey or someone else. Yes, there is a budget crunch coming for many teams, but when it comes to top-6 forwards and top-4 defensemen, teams are always willing to pay a little bit extra. And with the lack of quality defensemen available this upcoming offseason, Hainsey will command more than $2 million per year.

I assumed on our bottom pair, we would just use Postma since he has played sedquately so far even though he scares me in our end from time to time.

blueandgoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote