View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 06:43 PM
scelaton

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
I'm not sure who these Jet defenders are who DON'T roll out the red carpet - Stuart I guess? Anyway, Hainsey has been pretty lucky with on-ice save percentage at evens. He was on the ice for 5 of TB's first 6 goals last night, 4 of Florida's 6 goals the night before. He's been pretty bad on the PK - and in situations where the other team sets up and plants a guy in front of the net, Hainsey's useless.

I don't know if Hainsey is capable of playing more a more physical game, but I think that a big part of the Jets' problem on D and the PK right now is that there's only one guy throwing his weight around on D.
You may have to wait for Trouba, because even Buff is not physical for his size.
I always admired Stuart's physicality, intensity, shot-blocking, etc... but if you look under the surface, much of that is to make up for limitations in speed and finesse. Hainsey looks less intense on the ice, but is much more efficient as a player and this is borne out statistically. Unfortunately, it does not garner him any love when the team is losing.
To reiterate, no one is saying Hainsey is Scott Stevens, but he gets the job done for a #4...and appearances can be deceiving.

scelaton is offline   Reply With Quote