View Single Post
02-02-2013, 07:47 PM
2012 & 2014 Champs
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by AP View Post
The reason why you have many who make a great deal about LA as a dangerous place is because there are areas in Merto LA is are not supposed to be shady but they are. When I went to Santa Monica for the 1st time a few years ago, I was shocked by what I saw in the neighborhoods of the rich. I truly thought I was in either Compton or Watts at 1st when I saw street corner after street corner homeless people and gang members flashing their guns. Then when I said to myself that both of those places are a ways south of where I am things looked worse all around as I was driving more at night into Beverly Hills and West Hollywood. The truth is even if I can afford to live in those places I mentioed I wouldn't. In areas where you have a very high number of celberties per capta I wouldn't feel safe knowing that one of their stalkers could end up mistaken where I live for the home of a celeberty and I would have to be on guard all the time from any kind of threat.
I guess I'm lucky to have never seen that and I'm sure it exists. I used to work at a production company in Santa Monica and never once saw a gang member flashing a gun in all my time there. Instead I saw an insane amount of tourists and street musicians. Granted I worked minutes away from the 3rd Street Promenade and that's a super nice area. I agree though that there are some areas of LA that get crazy seemingly out of nowhere. For example, Sunset Blvd gets really seedy after dark.

As for worrying about celebrity stalkers, that's a little far fetched.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote