View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 07:04 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
I'm not sure who these Jet defenders are who DON'T roll out the red carpet - Stuart I guess? Anyway, Hainsey has been pretty lucky with on-ice save percentage at evens. He was on the ice for 5 of TB's first 6 goals last night, 4 of Florida's 6 goals the night before. He's been pretty bad on the PK - and in situations where the other team sets up and plants a guy in front of the net, Hainsey's useless.

I don't know if Hainsey is capable of playing more a more physical game, but I think that a big part of the Jets' problem on D and the PK right now is that there's only one guy throwing his weight around on D.
Hainsey's OnIceSv% is/was very inflated... I was looking before at it being .970 before the TBL game and kind of thought to myself uh,oh that's going to come down... I think I posted it on the GDT before the game too haha.

He still suppresses shots against enough to make his goals against still within a #4 even without the nice sv%...

Also, players tend to be able to manipulate sh%/sv% to a degree. Malkin, Crosby and Stamkos have done it their whole careers (boosting personal and OnIceSh%). Byfuglien as a defensemen always has had below team average OnIceSv%, just like Hainsey has always tended to have above... but that's minimal.

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote