View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 07:44 PM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
If the Flyers end up with the 2nd overall choice, it won't surprise me at all if they shop it to a club that's desperate to move up. The only way they wouldn't move it is if the club that's choosing first overall decides to go with Mackinnon. If Jones ends up going first, then the Flyers shop the hell out of the pick and ask for a first and blue chip prospect defenseman in return. For instance, say if Phoenix moves to Quebec in the off season and they decide they want a player that has appeal to the Quebec fans, I could very easily see Phoenix flipping their first and a player like Gormley to get a chance at drafting either Mackinnon or Drouin. That still leaves the Flyers in a position to draft someone like Rasmus Ristolainen or Ryan Pulock.
It would be pretty hard to pass up Drouin. I like him better than Mackinnon. I think he's going going to be a special player in this league. He would give us that potential 1st line winger. That's just my opinion though.

But I get what you're saying and wouldn't be totally against it if that's how it played out.