Next year my locks on Defence would be:

NHL
Subban-Gorges
Markov-Emelin
Tinordi-Diaz (or somebody else)

AHL
Beaulieu-Ellis
Pateryn-St-Denis

Leaves 2 spots in the AHL for: Dietz, Nygren and Bennett who I'd sign a contract with.

Yet, they could be adding a D in the NHL, and maybe 1 or 2 vet D's in Hamilton. But spots for spots...there are some availabilities for Nygren to start in the pros. With the kind of season he had, there's no way I sign Thrower, he plays junior next year.
I don't see why Thrower wouldn't be signed, don't like seeing kids play juniors as overagers. I also wonder if you can convince St-Denis to play in the AHL next year, since he'll be 28 this time next year and might want a shot at making much more then the 90K he makes now. I'd also hope that Tinordi at least spends a large chunk of time in Hamilton again, I really hope they don't rush him although I can see why they would want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVO16 View Post
Is there a way to loan one of our D prospect to an other organization's AHL team if too many of them show that they are ready for the AHL, but there's no place on our squad in Hamilton ?
yes but it's not a very good idea. If we are talking someone like Stejskal then yea but you don't want to loan prospects out since you won't have any control over their ice time/development. These are quality D prospects, so I can't see any being loaned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Yea, that can be done.

I still think the possible solution is to send back one of Thrower or Dietz back to Saskatoon as an overager next season.
I would be surprised if they did, I don't see any reason to send either back to Blades and would not want to see that happen. Both are very interesting D prospects that should be in the AHL, I don't know what management has in store for the situation since we have a number of interesting D and they are all going to need ice time next year so it's a concern going forward although a good problem to have for a change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzion View Post
Thrower was just drafted, he's got one more year before making the jump to the AHL.
He turns 20 before Jan 1st, so he'll be in the AHL next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
Yeah, Dan Girardi and Ryan Callahan both played in the CHL as overagers, it's definitely not a death sentence for a young prospect.
The last time the Habs had an overager in the CHL was Christian Larrivee ('00), granted new management but hopefully it's not something the Habs look to do, I'm not a big fan of 20 year olds playing against such younger players as I'd much rather see them physically challenged playing against older, stronger, quicker players. But they could have a problem on their hands if they end up having 4 more rookies blueliners to go with the 4 rookies we have there currently.