View Single Post
02-02-2013, 09:22 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Stolarz is legit. I had a chance to talk with the Knights goaltending coach (Bill Dark) and Dark says that Stolarz is the most athletically gifted goaltender he's ever worked with. On top of it, Stolarz is a true student of the game and he is always the first to arrive at practice and last to leave. As well, he's extremely coachable and is always asking on how he can improve his game. The other thing about Stolarz is that he's always talking with his defensemen and he never rips on his defense if they give up a bad play that leads to a goal. Stolarz views himself as the last line of defense and as such, there are times when you have to bail out your teammates.

Maybe it's just me, but for the first time in a long time, I'm confident that the Flyers have found their future goaltender. He seems to have the right attitude, is willing to do whatever it takes to make it to the NHL, and never rests on his laurels. I think Stolarz could possibly be a blue chipper in terms of goaltending prospects. Very happy with the decision to go to the OHL and get some much needed playing time. I don't know if he would have ever received as much playing time in Nebraska-Omaha if he stayed......
This is great to hear. With him, and guys like Ghost, McGinn coming up and doing so well, it speaks well of our scouting staff. They are looking for diamonds in the rough and hopefully finding some too.