View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 09:28 PM
Forsead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
My feeling is unused cap space doesn't play. From what I've seen of the NHL, cap problems are something only winning teams have really had to worry about - N.J., Chicago, have paid for cap problems. But NYR have been by far the most stupid with contracts in the cap era, and haven't really lost anything in terms of on-ice compromises, they either got suckers (us) or spent their way out. So far I think yes Prust is overpaid and yes I'm glad we decided to overspend for a guy like him. Who knows how it'll look long terms but he is on hell of a useful team player. How many guys in the league could you even consider putting with two rookies, one 18 and the other tiny, and actually create a credible line while actually providing serious protection? There aren't that many of them, actually.
Yeah I think the trick to have a winning team year in and year out is having some ''overpaids'' veterans that you get as UFAs and to balance that with successful well developped prospects/young players that are ''undepaids'' for their performances and bring up your team overall level of talent and energy.

It always help to have some veterans with home discounts or some steal signatures (Alex Burrows is an example).

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote