View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 10:37 PM
ottawa

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
I wouldn't count the Sens game as a test. Sens we're in banding mode after losing Spezza, Habs might've been distracted by the whole end to the Subban saga (thanks in part to our media) and it was also their first game with the backup goalie which is always a factor. There's always the question of nightly match-ups, as Habs were far worse last season than Ottawa yet managed 4 wins against them last season, two of which were blowouts. Their 1-0 loss against Carolina last night is an example of this.

Tomorrow will be a real test IMO.

As for the teams you listed, expect Ottawa to stumble a bit with the loss of Spezza, not sure they'll make the playoffs. Habs are more well-rounded while Ottawa relies more upon one line. Flyers have the Markov Syndrome which finally kicked in. They have the talent to band together, but their D is atrocious. And finally TB riding a hot streak which I don't expect to last, similarly to NY's cold streak.

NJ is a system's team, they could very well remain steady, but could also start feeling the loss of Parisť.

IMO, I see the Habs, if Markov can stay healthy, battling with NY, NJ, Bos and the Pens for the top 5, while TB, Philly and Ott could very well be on the outside looking in.
I don't think the sens are that bad, they're more than a one line team for sure, Turris and his line are helping out. The only reason I count them in there is cause they're a well balanced team (nothing special but nothing bad either) and Anderson is really coming into his own and fitting in well with the sens too. If anyone looks at his numbers they'll say he was average, but after the first brutal 10 games he had with the sens he was playing good all last season and it carried over to this season and he's been on fire. I think the sens are a sure fire playoff team, most likely in the bottom 4 though. As for the point you made about the Flyers, you're right their D is brutal but their offense will carry them into the playoffs as well as Bryz who has been better this season than his numbers suggest.

IMO you might be right about the habs, we have all the pieces so its just a matter of staying healthy...

Top 6: Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole and Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Top 4: Markov - Emelin and Subban - Gorges
Goalie: Price

We have the Prust and Gallys contributing lots too...like I said, IMO it's a matter of staying healthy and getting a little bit more out of Cole and Desharnais. Pleks line is always consistent whether they contribute points or not, the effort is there. If they play the way they've been playing in all the games so far (minus the sens one) we'll deffs be a playoff team and more