View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 11:48 PM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. T View Post
Eric Comrie is certain to drop due to his injury and I think he'd be worth a 2nd or 3rd pick (assuming he recovers).
As mentioned earlier this thread, I would have looked at Subban with our 2nd 1st last year over Matta, but with this coming draft being so deep, I don't think this is the draft where I would use a 2nd or perhaps even 3rd round pick on a goalie. There could still be some high quality forwards available in the 2nd & 3rd round. Later in the draft? Sure, I'll take another goalie if the Pens aren't thrilled with Murray's development or they think there is a gem later in the draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGuins8711 View Post
Stupid Peters taking away Morrow's goals.

Ahh, it doesn't matter. It was just a soft wrister on net through tons of traffic, but what's more important is that Morrow is starting to look/feel more comfortable defensively and played a pretty solid game tonight on both sides of the ice, as did his partner Samuelsson. With better play, he'll get increased ice-time and opportunity for offense and to make an impact in general. If he continues to do that, the points will come. I'm glad he was making the smart, simple plays offensively tonight, like throwing that shot on goal. Let's hope he continues to take steps forward in right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprootsMasterFlex View Post
Too bad there's no ETA For Pouliot's return...

Too bad there's no information about his injury at all. But as long as it's minor and he can come back and finish the season & playoffs healthy, I will be happy. Clearly he's performing well, so now he's just to start getting that bigger role in those bigger games, and then in the summer start adding some more bulk to his frame to gain that strength & durability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprootsMasterFlex View Post
Sadly they took an assist they originally gave to Harrington earlier in the game. At least he's finished at 3

Yeah, being +3 when your team won 3-0 and he was on the ice for all 3 goals for in a shutout, that's pretty good. I can't wait to see Harrington in the NHL. He will be a fixture on our blueline for the next 10-15 years. I know I keep saying this, but it's really, really hard to picture him NOT being in the NHL next year. The only way I don't see that happening is if both Despres and Dumoulin are in the line-up next year, and both Brooks and Martin are still here, which is probably unlikely given our need for a winger (via trade) and a declining cap. Will be very interesting to see what happens in this regard between now and the deadline or the draft.

Last edited by jmelm: 02-02-2013 at 11:53 PM.