View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 10:54 PM
inthewings

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefenseMinister View Post
I am not lying about the Sens attempting to upgrade at 2nd line centre for the entire time Fisher was there. Both Mike Comrie and Matt Cullen were both acquired for this very reason. Vermette was a winger on this team (Kelly was the 3rd line centre) so I have no idea why you keep listing him there.

Are you the weird poster who had the weird fixation on Mike Fisher and have since changed your name? If so, that would explain a lot about your arguments. If not, I apologize but you need to go back and look at what actually happened during that time period.

Why is Patrick Eaves even being mentioned in this? He was a terrible hockey player who had an out of character strong rookie season. Sean *** Donovan? Am I allowed to list every 4th line plug that played on every other team for comparison?

It's a bad premise. I told you why the team was inevitably ready to take a slide when Muckler left. No amount of tinkering that Murray could do would make up for the fact that the team had no young cheap assets in their system to either use as trade chips or move into the lineup and contribute.
It's funny. The last time I upset this many people was before the 2010-11 season when I argued that the team had spent money on the wrong pieces and would struggle to contend. Now, two years later, at least one of the posters I was arguing with (not you) is claiming that the fall from competitiveness was inevitable after 2006-07.

All this to say, I feel like people have a hard time being objective about Bryan Murray. I think he's a middle-of the pack GM who drafts well but hasn't been great at putting together NHL rosters.

At the time Mike Fisher was a 2nd line C, and Antoine was a 40-point C/W who was nails at faceoff and great defensively and put those 40 points up without PP time. There's no argument against these guys as top-6 players.

inthewings is offline   Reply With Quote