View Single Post
Old
12-16-2003, 04:14 AM
scosar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
I dont want Jokinen... We have enough depth at center with Koivu, Higgins, Plekanec, Urquhart, Ribs!

Well as Urquhart might be 3-4 years away from being a 1st or 2nd line center. And the other 4 are vertically challenged, I would think that Jokinen could fill the one void we seem to have throughout all our prospects. With Hainsey/Komo/Archer/Beauchemein/Korniev we should be ok defensively. We have a plethora of wingers in the minors. We just don't have the big stud center.

As none of our wingers are that big either, we need a big center that could compliment the speedy wingers we have in the system. In that way you could take some of the pressure off Koivu. It doesn't matter who is No. 1 or 2. If next year Koivu's line has Ryder and Bulis and Jokinen is flanked by Zednik and Balej, who cares which is labelled the first line.

I believe that if the habs are to move forward next year, they can't get much better with two small centers in Koivu and Ribeiro. Koivu is the heart and soul of the team so you move Ribeiro.

He is obviously not enough for Jokinen so it comes down to what Florida wants on top of Ribs. If it is one of Markov/Komo/Hainsey the answer is no. If it is one of the second tier forwards ie: Plekanec/Milroy or possibly Hossa my answer would be yes.