Thread: GBU: Facepalm.
View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 11:11 PM
jfb392

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporTrail View Post
Good: John Scott drawing a penalty hustling after a puck.....Where are all the people saying he was only going to be in the lineup every 7 to 10 games ?

Bad : Myers, and all the talk and chat about him. - He will play through this, and will be a Norris Trophy candidat sometime, if not this year then in the future....Chill please.

Ugly: The Habs fans singing their Ole chant in the 2nd period.
It seems like we've been hearing this for like three years now.

He's been varying degrees of terrible for long stretches of three of his four NHL seasons and just never seems to be able to put it together.
Some got mad at me a few months ago when I claimed that he just doesn't have the hockey sense to be as good as we thought he'd be, but ask people who watched him in the WHL, it's always been an issue.
He may have the athletic and physical abilities of a star, but he doesn't have the brains of one.
Unless they start awarding the Norris based solely on lofty potential and stop looking at actual results, I don't see him winning one.

That is of course ignoring the fact that the organization is attempting to mold him into the defenseman they want him to be instead of letting him be himself.
I think that will just make him worse.

Last edited by Clock: 02-03-2013 at 07:20 AM.
jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote