View Single Post
Old
02-02-2013, 11:26 PM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
I'll give you Tangradi but not Jeffrey. Jeffrey looked pretty good in his own right with Malkin the last game.

Agreed. And also Jeffrey is way more versatile than Tangradi. DJ can kill penalties, and can play the point on 2nd PP unit or quarterback it from the half-wall. If Jeffrey can continue his solid play (for which he'll actually need some ice time and opportunity, of course), and Boychuk looks like he really does belong here, then I will have no problem turning the page on Tangradi and trading/packaging him to ship him out.

His value is pretty low right now and won't get any better rotting in the press box. Unless we run into some kind of injury situation and/or ET suddenly puts everything together (doubtful), we're going to have to move him pretty darn soon -- not only to preserve any value he may/may not have, but also to get down under the roster limit. I was an ET supporter, but now I'm getting tired of making excuses for a guy who, unlike Jeffrey or Boychuck, wasn't even productive consistently at the AHL level. See ya, ET. Would be nice to get something back for you.