View Single Post
Old
02-03-2013, 01:30 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WojtekGoalski View Post
I hear you. Another solid 3rd pairing D is always good but I wouldn't want to give up anything of significance.

How about:

to NYR:

J. Jokinen
J. McBain

to CAR:

B. Boyle
S. Bickel
2013 3rd

if healthy leaves you with

Gaborik - Richards - Nash
Hagelin - Jokinen - Callahan
Pyatt - Stepan - Kreider
Rupp - Halpern - Asham
Ferriero

Girardi - McDonagh
Staal - DelZotto
Stralman - McBain
Gilroy/Eminger

CAR needs a 3C (Boyle) and we get our bottom pairing d-man and an offensive upgrade in Jokinen. The 2nd and 3rd lines can be flip-flopped depending on opposing team/performance etc as they are basically 2 second lines.. extremely deep. Not to mention the inevitable shootout points you potentially get with Jokinen

And for all the NHL scouts here that think Jokinen can't play center, here's a post I found from a Hurricanes fan (which happened to be followed by more of the same):
Jim Rutherford picks up the phone, chuckles, and asks is this really Glen Sather? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee.

But seriously, Bickel and Boyle for two players that outweigh there value? What do you think this is? And to be honest, Torts loves Boyle, which, makes me love these countless proposals that involve Boyle as if he has value in the eyes of other NHL teams. He is a former first round pick who can barely put up 30 points. He fits the rangers system and thats why we would give him more credit but geez stop trying to put him in proposals for players who either have had better NHL careers or are just starting their career with more potential. Plus again Boyle is a Tort's guy.