View Single Post
Old
02-03-2013, 02:42 AM
Richie10

vCash: 500
The Good:

- Richards probably had his best game of the season tonight.
- Gagne looks like he's really coming into form.
- Doughty has been great.
- Brown is scoring.
- Voynov has been fantastic this year. Looks like a completely different player, defensively.

The Bad:

- Kopitar is clearly not 100%. He's taking lazy hooking and interference penalties for the first time in his career. He's losing puck battles he almost always wins. The guy is nursing a bum knee and it's plain as day.
- Lombardi is looking a little selfish with the Bernier situation at this point. Kid has fallen in and marched on for years now behind Quick. He's not a reliable back up any longer. Not excusing his play tonight - he was awful. But come on.
- Defense and PK really missed Greene and Mitchell tonight. Muzzin was rook-city out there.

The Ugly:

- Dustin Penner. 'Nuff said.
- Some won't like this, but coaching. Sutter got caught with his pants down more than once tonight. I understand you're at a disadvantage on the road with the last change, but the fourth line got badly exposed with matchups all night. Coaching. Pulling Quick after some admittedly weak goals, I guess, I dunno. Right call? Maybe. But you should have your finger on the pulse of the team and your backup was clearly out to lunch. Coaching. Lastly, it's clear where your talent lies in your forward corps. Stop with the effort rewarding promotions, stop with the Penner experiment, stop with the random line juggling that results in totally mismatched combos. You have a top six: Brown-Kopitar-Williams, Gagne-Richards-Carter. Use them. Stop screwing around, please.

Richie10 is offline   Reply With Quote