View Single Post
02-03-2013, 03:13 AM
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
Seems the options for a backup are very few. You're looking at guys like Greiss, Bernier, Bishop and S. Mason. Greiss and Bernier would likely command a premium asset. Bishop you can probably get for a pick and Mason I want no part of. Vokoun would have been a good signing last summer.

Upgrading the starter is not much easier unless the Blues are willing to shop Elliot (which they're not) the only other to consider would be Luongo/Schneider and Lu would likely never waive to come to WPG. Schneider would cost us Burmi or Little and would probably get eaten alive much like Pavs behind the JETS current blue line.

Who is left .... Kipper (age) Lehtonen, Thomas??????

Maybe it's just me, but I'm pretty sure the JETS are going to ride it out with who they've got and if it keeps going at this rate, we'll be picking in the Top 5.

By next season however, Pavs will be shopped if he shows no improvement. I'm sure they are going to be strict with what the NEED him to work on in the off season and conditioning will be near the top of that list. Getting an elite goaltending coach to work with him should also be a priority. His glove hand needs to be better as well as working on not playing so deep in the net.
I agree that Pavelec is playing too deep in the net. I think that is the way he is being taught to play. Last year he was too agressive and got caught way out of position on many goals. Seems neither way is working.