View Single Post
02-03-2013, 03:15 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
JVR was traded for Schenn. Carle was let go because he wanted more money than the team thought he was worth and that may have also been the case with Jagr. They are not related moves, it isn't like the team was making space for Schenn. Schenn actually has a smaller cap hit than JVR and would have allowed the team to re-sign Carle and Jagr for the hits they currently have if they would've wanted to stay.

edit- Actually with either Schenn or JVR the team would be over the cap with both Jagr and Carle at their current contracts but it would be about 1,250,000 or so more over with JVR.
Not true at all.
If Parise and Suter never hit the FA market we resign both.
Homer took another gamble by going after the big guys first and hope to have a plan b. Carle was sick of waiting for Suter to decide and saw what was out there on the market for him. I believe we could've signed him for $5m x 5 years.
I said it back than and I say it now: this D is not skilled enough and we are paying for it. Carle is one of the better Ds in the game when it comes down to moving the puck and creating offense. He was also money in the playoffs.
With Jagr I see why you wouldn't want to hand him that contract because he really fell off the map in the last half of the season and in the playoffs. On the other hand it's a one year deal with and you have that cap space.
Again, I still see them in O&B if not for Suter and Parise becoming "available".

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote