View Single Post
Old
02-03-2013, 07:48 AM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
I still can't believe Stu Bickel is actually a New York Ranger. I couldn't believe it last year, I couldn't believe it in the playoffs and I can't believe it now. He never looked anything more than passable in Hartford. I can't believe he plays forward, even on the fourth line for a couple of minutes a night, for the New York Rangers. Get him out of there. Call up Mashinter.
I thought last year Bickel was solid on defense a lot of the time during the season, but kinda crapped out in the playoffs. This year he's just been bad on defense, and he's somehow even worse at forward. His positioning is horrific

That said, it's not really his fault he's bad at forward, it's not his natural position, but he has lost his defensive job to Matt Gilroy at the moment, and that should give anyone some pause. He needs to figure it out quickly if he wants to keep a NHL job

Regarding Gilroy, he takes some chances rushing the puck and going deep in the offensive zone that I don't think are advisable, but generally looked remarkably solid. If he can keep that up on the third pairing, that's adequate. Wouldn't want to see him out against another teams top line though

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote