Thread: Norway: Norwegians in the NHL
View Single Post
Old
02-03-2013, 08:23 AM
Justinov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Norse Hockey View Post
Tollefsen was offered a contract by Nashville last year but turned it down, because of family reasons. (seems to be happy in Sweden) He probably would have been 7th defenseman maybe gotten a few games, and battle for a spot in the third D-pair.

Holøs is a great defenseman but he is to soft, he would have to play more physical. Play as D-man In the NHL and not being able to do that just ain’t good enough. There where some rumors about his coach Joe Sacco, that he didn’t like him. But I think that was just some false rumors. In the NHL you earn your spot on the team trough hard and good work, and if you do just that I think every coach gives you a spot on the roster no matter what.

I really think that Thoresen is a player who would had been good enough for a third or even a second line in NHL. He just signed a new contract with CSKA this weekend buy the way.

Yes, Zuccarello is better on international size ice rink.

Really hope Norway can get a player like Espen once again sometime in the future, he was great.
Holøs is a bit like Philip Larsen (though Holøs probably still a little better). Not really physical but both are really good on PP. It's just about finding a coach that is into that kind of defensive players.
Tollefsen is good enough as 3 d-pair in NHL IMO.
Thoresen can play both wing and center and is defensively good. Even on a team that wouldn't use him as top6 he would be a great 3'rd liner, but he will rather be a KHL star.
I remember Espen Knutsen playing for Djurgården, especially the playoffs 1999-2000. He just owned the rink and became SEL champion!

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote