View Single Post
Old
02-03-2013, 08:52 AM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I love the positivity, but this is only 7 games in. At this point in a full year we'd still be in the training camp with exhibition games. So don't get too excited.
I agree on the defense, we have a pretty good group, but not convinced about the offense. The contrast in systems is obvious. A lot more entertaining.
But I'm gonna wait for the 20 game mark before really evaluating this team.
The real question is: Have we rebuilt enough? And maybe we have. We have key young players at key positions and it just might be enough.

And I think offense is really going to be the question. If we don't have the Galchenyuk line... I'd be far more skeptical. Bourque (and even to a certain extent Plekanec) have both struggled with consistency. Cole is coming off a career year (that I don't think anyone felt he could repeat) and DD is still pretty unproven. That line was going to start facing tougher checking and there are question marks on both those lines.

You add a point per game center and winger in addition to what we have though? Huge difference. Even if teams put their checkers out against Galchenyuk, it's going to open up ice for the other lines and all of a sudden DD and his group might see some more open ice.

I'd still like to stack the deck for the future but there's no denying that the team looks great right now (easy schedule aside.)

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote