View Single Post
Old
02-03-2013, 10:29 AM
the overrated
wicked overrated

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brushhawg View Post
Guys like Orr seldom see the ice after the first period of a low-scoring, close game.

Had we scored 2-3 quick ones early in the third I can assure you Orr and Mclaren would have made their statement. At that point Macdermid had already gone twice with Fraser. Was he going to then go with Orr or Mclaren? Doubtful. Was Mcquaid going to step up and fight the first heavy of his career? Also doubtful. Did we want Chara or Looch going with those two? I didn't.

I personally don't want to waste a roster spot on a guy like that. I would certainly be seriously in the market for a guy that plays a few quality shifts without hurting the team that can hang with those guys. Thornton was that guy, but I'm not sure how willing of a combatant he will be post-concussion. I'm also not sure I want him to. The guy does have a life to live when his career is over.
What statement would they be making, exactly? "We're losing by so much that we need to send in thugs instead of trying to come back & win a game" ... ? I'd be stoked if the "targeting" that the B's faced included other teams waving the white flag and sending in the clowns.

And why exactly would anyone need to fight Orr or Mclaren at that time of the game? Even if Thornon was healthy & in the line-up, I'd be against him fighting a pointless scrap against a goon with a 3 goal lead in the 3rd.

the overrated is offline   Reply With Quote