Thread: Today I...
View Single Post
Old
02-03-2013, 10:43 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Had an excellent game last night, although we lost 3-2.

I've been trying to become a better passer and playmaker and use my linemates more, especially now that I've got linemates that are quicker than me and get open and we're getting some chemistry and plays. That helped getting through the neutral zone with speed and we had some good looks and near misses.

Had a shift that might have been my best "little plays" shift ever as well. Forechecked as the defenseman retreated into his zone with the puck, poked it off his stick, then as we went into the corner stole it and skated out, centered it for my teammate who just missed, then as they tried to breakout, read the pass and stole it again, got a shot off, and before the end of my shift I read another pass in the neutral zone and picked it, passing it to a teammate who was streaking in and went off for a change.

Again, pretty cool because I'm not usually that kind of player.

Felt like I could skate forever too. Don't know why. Just had lots of energy and jump and even wind for once.

Also had some nice looks on the PP, working the puck from the half wall, faking shots and passing off, making moves to get loose and center the puck, and some good shots. Got a goal with 20 seconds left to get us within one. Linemate skated up ice and the D backed off him a bit so I called for him to shoot. He went just wide and the goalie came out to knock away the puck as it bounced off the back boards, then fell down. He went to the corner with a D on him and another between him and the net as I basically stood in front of the open net calling for the puck. Fed it right on my blade and easy goal. Another type of goal I usually don't score

So pretty happy overall, lots of fun.