Danes in the NHL and their exploits.
View Single Post
02-03-2013, 10:54 AM
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Odense, Denmark
OR... Last night gave some team the evidence of Eller's potential so maybe he might have remove some of the question marks. Could he give some more samples of his talent, he looks more like a looser of the numbers game than a spare piece. That could increase the interest of some teams looking to roll the dice on Eller.
So once MaxPac's back maybe Eller gets traded to a team with with at hole or two to fill. Maybe in a package with a d-man.
Haven't though this through but some candidates:
- Columbus looking to reorganize their talent pool. Some thing like Eller and Weber for JAM/Calvert/Atkinson and Savard.
- San Jose looking to improve their third line a cup run via pick. He's beats a usual rental by being young and signed for another year(And RFA). Still Montreal might swap him for a fourth liner and a pick. Desjardins/Sheppard/Handzus and a 2nd? Montreal gets a 2nd for at spare. San Jose gets an upgrade now and in the future(Long term possibility as a piece in a quick rebuild once their window goes down and Coture, Burns and Vlasic is still in their best age).
- If Philly blows it up it must somehow be possible.
- Washington see Philly
- Phoenix because Eller fits Tippett perfectly IMO. Sullivan and Doan ain't lasting forever. Can't spend any money. Kinda gotta set up replacements from within. Defensive prospect all over the place. Bright future yet competing currently. Lars Eller fits both bills.
- NYR's got a hole at 3C
- Chicago ditto
- Calgary's got holes all over the place
- Tampa Bay's playing a defensively responsible kinda hockey and isn't stacked with sure fire top 6 players. If the current winger transition continues to go well a spot next to Conacher the next 5 to 10 years. Jauza. If not a solid 3C is always handy. Tampa Bay is in a position where they can afford to exchange a 2nd or a 3rd for a young semi-proven forward.
- As a piece of a Detroit rebuild perhaps?
- Anaheim looking for a stop gap that can slide to 3C when Holland's ready.
- Colorado flipping Ryan O'Reilly for Lars Eller? Montreal can take the risk. Colorado might not garner the best offers on a contract hog.
With a little imagination Eller could go anywhere
As long as teams see potential for offense ability and prove of defensive ability
Last edited by Bank: 02-03-2013 at
. Reason: Lack of Holland
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Bank