View Single Post
Old
02-03-2013, 11:26 AM
BUX7PHX

vCash: 500
First time I had seen a game live or on TV in about 3 games cause of travel. Nice way to return....

From all appearances, we look like we have tightened up a little bit. A lot fewer positioning mistakes (although the only way to work that out is to play), and have t believe that we've hit that curve in learning that we will see our play continue to get better in that regard.

Still forcing a lot of things. People are correct in saying that this is where Yandle gets himself in trouble, but if you take away the forced plays and that he is breaking the habit of the "fake slapper" routine, he's playing effectively. These are simply the games that I want to see more often from him - forcing plays just kills things. Fantastic hip check, had that one lined up - didn't have a great view, as that's the only area where there is bench traffic, etc. from my seat. All I had to do was wait for the sound of the boards crunching Smith forced things a little too much coming out of the crease. Not willing to give him a pass on all of them.

We're starting to let the game come to us - great signs, and the offensive chances keep going. I'm confident we can turn it around, and if we can do so coming up on the road, I'd say it bodes very well for us going forward.

BUX7PHX is offline   Reply With Quote