View Single Post
Old
02-03-2013, 12:32 PM
FlaggerX

vCash: 500
I spent Friday and Saturday at the Schott watching Ohio State play hockey against Notre Dame, who brought CBJ prospect T. J. Tynan into Columbus. And I liked what I saw. Tynan centered the 2nd line but he was part of the #1 PK and PP units, which says something right there. Very good on faceoffs, and he has a real set of wheels. He also has a knack for delivering fast, accurate passes, and showed really good ice vision. He goes to the net, and assisted on both Notre Dame's regulation goals on Saturday. He can win board battles, but if he gets locked up with a defenseman he's out of the play for the moment, which is what you would expect if a big defenseman gets ahold of a guy who might be smaller than Atkinson or Calvert.

All and all, I really liked his play.

I also liked that Ohio State took 3 out of the possible 4 points that weekend. Notre Dame was the better team. Ohio State beat them on Friday when one of the ND skaters took a game misconduct for a blow to the head. OSU got 3 pp goals on the ensuing major and the effort left ND gassed from then on. On Saturday ND was clearly the better team, outshooting Ohio State 47-28. Ohio State does have an outstanding goaltender though and Hjelle put the Buckeyes on his back stopping 45 of 47 with some amazing saves. He also stopped the first three in the shootout, and would have been 1st star in any game.

Tynan looks like a real prospect. Hjelle will be a free agent at the end of this season and maybe he might be someone the Jackets might want to look at.