View Single Post
Old
02-03-2013, 11:40 AM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
So the league should just let it continue? Some guys cheating and some guys not? We ignore the health implications and the fact that clean guys feel the need to cheat to make the league?

Really?
Well I mean, what can you do? It's to the point where I feel as though if you're a pro athlete, you gotta dope or get left behind. We can argue whether this is morally right or not, but we all know this is a reality in pro sport. Now like I said, if player X doesn't dope because it's "wrong", he'll end up risking potentially millions in contract money. I'm not sure many players would do that.

And what can the league do? Take away PEDs, and you're slowing down the game. Less hits. Less speed. Slower shots, less saves, less fights, less everything. Hockey is already not as popular as baseball, basketball or football, imagine how the league would fare if it went clean?

The point I'm trying to make is that yes there's doping, yes you can argue that it's morally wrong, but at this point, you either dope, or you get left behind.

Regarding the health issue, hockey is dangerous enough without doping, I doubt the hockey powers really care about health.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote